Our Covid Secure Statement
The ‘We’re Good To Go’ industry standard and supporting mark means that we have demonstrated that we are adhering to the respective Government and public health guidance, have carried out a COVID-19 risk assessment and have the
required processes in place. View our certificate here.
We politely ask all holidaymakers and Private Owners to please not travel to the Park if you are feeling unwell or displaying any signs of Covid 19. Please contact reception whereby we will discuss your options.
IF YOU DEVELOP SYMPTOMS OF COVID 19 WHILST ON PARK
Should you or anyone in your party develop any symptoms whilst on site at Hardwick parks please notify reception us by phone immediately on 01865 300501 or on the duty wardens phone number 07958 227678. It is important for the safety of all of our guests & staff, that you and all of your booking party, remain in your accommodation and await further guidance from our team.
- Our reception will remain open but where possible we will be operating a contactless check in.
- Before you arrive, we ask that you advise us of your arrival time. This should be between 12pm – 6pm. We understand holiday traffic & we regularly keep an eye on traffic incidents that may affect your travel, but we do require an ETA that we can add to your booking. At this time we are unable to accept late arrivals.
- We will not be supplying customers with our normal Welcome pack, so we ask that you search our website before arrival to find out all the necessary queries and Welcome pack details.
- Please check your booking details and ensure that all of your extras are on your booking & call us to add them if not, as without them pre-booked we may not be able to accommodate your booking.
ENHANCED CLEANING STANDARDS
Our cleaning standards have always been exceptionally high & we want to give you the confidence that this will remain so. We have enhanced cleaning frequency of regular touch areas. This includes the regular cleaning of CDU points, water taps, refuse areas, hand gel stations, dog bins & all touch points. We will also clean each pitches electrical and water point after customers leave & again just as you arrive.
We have introduced new cleaning products which are anti-viral & highly effective against pathogens similar to Coronavirus. These include an industrial spray machine, which you may see our staff spraying areas with, this is safe for customers contact, but destroys the virus within 5 minutes. These have been recommended to us from our specialist cleaning company.
All of our team have been trained in cleanliness & hygiene. We are providing our team with PPE, including gloves, which they have always used but also facemasks. It is not a requirement that they use facemasks, however we hope you do not mind if they choose to do so for yours and their enhanced safety.
In the unlikely event that you have any issues regarding cleanliness please call the duty warden phone/reception immediate so it can be resolved.
STATIC CLEANING REGIME
We have increased our cleaning times in all of our static units. We ask our guests to leave the windows open as they depart their holiday caravan. When our cleaners first enter they will use a specialist fogging machine on the whole caravan, all surfaces, beds, soft furnishings. This machine kills Covid 19 within 5 minutes. The cleaners will then re-enter and clean every item within the caravan as well as performing the usual clean. Every touch point will be cleaned. We have removed all non-essential items from the caravans and left the caravan stocked with the essentials. So please bring with you any personal additional pots and pans you may require.
We are unable to supply linen in 2020 and ask you to bring your own.
PRIVATE OWNERS / SEASONALS
We would like to remind our private owners that you must only socialise in your own family or your selected family bubble. This should be one selected family and you must not mix groups whilst socialising. You are not permitted to self – isolate in your holiday caravan, if you become ill or symptomatic, you must return to your home address immediately to self-isolate and notify reception by phone.
WATER ACTIVITY MEMBERSHIPS
You are only permitted to be in your boat with members of your own family. All membership fees must be paid in full before you can commence your membership.
CAMPING & TOURING PITCHES
• No sharing of private facilities i.e. another person’s caravan unless you are within a bubble
• Current social distancing rules will apply, your pitch area is like your home, please treat it as such by following the government social distancing guidelines
• You are permitted to have a gazebo (chargeable), this must be on your own pitch, be no bigger than 3m x 3m and cannot be used as a shared facility between your group, only in your bubbles as per government guidelines.
Our touring block facilities will be open for your stay. However there will be reduced shower and toilet facilities due to socially distancing the areas. There will be increased cleaning and periods of closure throughout your stay. For camping and touring we encourage people to bring their own toilet and washing facilities where possible. You can pitch a utility tent for this, free of charge (2m x 2m only). We also encourage you to bring your own washing up bowl for washing up as we will not be providing plugs for the sinks to decrease touch points.
• Please note there will be no hair dryers available for use in the touring block
• Laundry facilities will have reduced access for one person at a time, between 9am and 6pm daily only, with the last wash at 4.30pm. Again this will be cleaned throughout the day and may be subject to periods of closure.
• There will be no ice block freezing facility
• There will be no facility to charge phones, tablets or watches
THE PLAY PARK
We will be opening our play area for the 2020 season following new government guidelines. Please ensure users wash their hands after use.
We will be operating a Covid Secure limited service for watersports. If you have any symptoms of Covid-19 or a raised temperature, you should not travel to Hardwick Parks watersports. Please contact the office on 01865 300 501 and we will discuss your options for your booking. Please read carefully the following Covid Secure procedures for watersports;
• You must pre-book all watersports activities by phone on 01865 300 501 before arriving.
• Payment must be made in full by card only. We will not be accepting any cash in the 2020 season.
• Please arrive ‘ready to ride’ or change in your vehicle if possible.
• Only one customer will be permitted in the office at any time. Please wait outside and we will call you in when it is safe to do so.
• We can only permit groups from the same household.
• We cannot take any beginner lessons until further notice.
• Watersports toilets and changing rooms will be closed.
• Life jackets will be washed and disinfected after every use and rotated.
• Please use the hand sanitiser provided when you arrive at watersports and when you depart.
• Wetsuits cannot be supplied by us so please bring your own.
• We are using a special anti viral spray to sanitise all our equipment and touch points. All equipment will be cleaned after every use.
• You must ensure the Government stated social distancing is adhered to at all times.
• Please ensure you depart promptly after your session, to minimise interaction between customers and allow us to clean the equipment between sessions.
• You will need to arrive 15 minutes before your session start time.
We understand that these measures are antisocial and potentially awkward in some ways, but our primary concern has always been our customers safety. We hope that in time these restrictions may ease but in the meantime, we would be very grateful if you could help us follow the protocols in place and help provide the safest possible environment for everyone to get back on the water.
WHILST YOU ARE ON PARK
Whilst you are on park, we ask that you maintain the 2 metre social distancing requirement at all times. Please make space for each other & be patient at any pinch points. You must observe any new one way systems that we have put in place that will be clearly signed.
Social gathering with other families is not permitted whilst on park.
If you fall ill whilst you are staying with us or develop a new continuous cough or high fever, you and your booking party must make arrangements to return home immediately. You are not permitted to self-isolate on our holiday park. We would also ask you to inform our wardens via the warden’s phone number/reception so that we can commence our emergency Covid protocol. Our emergency contact number is 07958 227678.
Your children must be accompanied by an adult at all times. This is to ensure that social distancing is maintained on the park & they don’t freely wander into others space.
ELSAN / WATER POINTS
The Elsan point is located on our park map & we ask that you print yourself off a copy before you arrive. Please observe the 2 metre distancing rule marked on the ground and if there are 4 people already queuing, we ask that you return at a later time. Please ensure you take appropriate precautions when using any of the points, such as washing your hands before use, using the sanitising gel provided, wearing protective gloves & washing your hands again after use.
WASHING UP AREA
This will be available for use, but we encourage you to bring your own washing up bowl for washing up as we will not be providing plugs for the sinks to decrease touch points.
TO BRING WITH YOU
Please bring your own supply of food drink & essentials. We also recommend that you bring hand gloves that should be worn when using any public touch points, such as water points, refuse areas, Elsan point etc. Additionally we recommend that you bring your own supply of alcohol hand sanitiser and use it regularly. The use of masks is not a necessity, however we do welcome the use of them.
OUR DRAINAGE SYSTEM
Please remember to respect our delicate drainage system. If the drainage systems are not treated properly, it will result in the closure of the Park and a health hazard.
Day visitors are not permitted to visit Hardwick Parks during the 2020 Season.
OUR LOCAL COMMUNITY
We ask you to please respect the local community. There are many supermarkets in the area operating the standard Covid 19 safety measures as you will be familiar with. There are also many cafes now operating a take away service.
When you leave your static accommodation, we would ask you to open all of the windows and leave them open.
We politely remind you that you must vacate your touring/tenting by 11am promptly & your static caravan by 10.00am to enable us to prepare for the next guest arrival.
Finally please do not hesitate to contact us via the warden’s phone number if you need any assistance.