Hardwick Park Booking Conditions
All reservations for accommodation are applied for and accepted subject to the following Terms and Conditions. In these conditions the Company means Hardwick Parks Ltd. ‘You’ and ‘your’ refer to the person named when making the Booking and signing the Booking.
Online: : Go to www.hardwickparks.co.uk and book online, payment through a secure gateway.
By Phone: Call us on 01865 300 501 – We will check availability and we can take a Booking with a deposit made by quoting your credit / debit / switch card number. Pitches will not be held without a deposit payment.
Group Bookings: For group bookings, please download our Group Booking Form. Once completed, please return the booking form to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can either complete the form within the document or by printing it off and scanning the completed form to us.
Touring & Camping
To confirm your Booking, we must receive from you a deposit of £15.00 per pitch, per night booked. This is non-refundable, under any circumstances. The deposit will be deducted from the total balance due. In the event that the Booking is for one night and equals less than £25.00, the corresponding amount will be due and the restrictions above apply equally to this payment.
For all TOURING bookings, the holiday balance must be received 28 days before your holiday commences.
Please note, if the balance is not received by the due date, we reserve the right to cancel your Booking and re-let the pitch. We do not send a reminder after the initial booking confirmation letter has been sent.
We have a minimum booking of 3 nights during Bank Holiday weekends for all pitches, and 2 nights on for all other dates.
Payments can be made by online through a secure payment gateway or by Credit or Debit Card. Or by Cash, on the Park premises. VAT is included in all of our tariffs at the current rate at time of publication, and is subject to change if the VAT rates changes.
All reservations constitute a legal contract. Once a booking confirmation has been issued by the company, the first-named person on the Booking is responsible for the total price of the Booking. In no circumstances can the deposit or cancellation plan payment be returned. Any Touring / Camping Pitch not paid in full 28 days before the due date of arrival may be immediately re-let by Hardwick Parks Ltd.
All reservations constitute a legal contract. Once a booking confirmation has been issued by the company, the first-named person on the Booking is responsible for the total price of the accommodation. In no circumstances can the Cancellation Plan payment be returned. The same applies to any subsequent balances due or paid where cancellation is made for any reason other than those covered under the Cancellation Plan – and payment for such cover has been received.
We require written notice (emailed) of any cancellation of a touring pitch/pitches– to be received by us no less than 14 days before the due date of your arrival. If we receive this notice, we will refund any monies received for the booking LESS the deposit, which is non-refundable in any circumstances and less a £10 administration fee. No refunds or date transfers are available if you leave earlier than your departure date. We recommend you take out your own holiday insurance cover.
We reserve the right, in any circumstance, to cancel your holiday, and in any event where this happens we will offer you an alternative holiday of comparable standard subject to availability, or refund the total cost of your holiday paid to us. You will therefore have no additional claim against us or any letting agent involved in the Booking.
By paying the deposit for your holiday, you are agreeing to the rules of the park for your stay as follows;
- Please adhere to the strict 5mph speed limit at all times, in all areas of the park
- No ball games/kites on any of our touring fields. A field is available for ball games, ask at reception for details.
- Children must be supervised at ALL times
- Our lakes are not life guarded, anyone under the age of 16 must be supervised by an adult when using the lake.
- No stand-up paddle boards in the swimming area. Soft inflatables only, may be used.
- Do not burn wood (including kiln dried and kindling). You are welcome to burn eco-logs, charcoal and coffee logs, so long as they are contained and raised off the ground.
- We ask that for their safety children do not ride scooters/bikes/skateboards on the main driveway or in the car park area. Note – E scooters are not permitted on park.
- Quiet time on park is from 10.30pm. If playing music, it must be kept at a suitable volume for your area only.
Residents will be required to pay for the cost of any loss or damage for which they may be responsible to any part of the premises, or to any property belonging to or leased by the Company that has been damaged, destroyed or removed.
There is a height barrier set at 7ft (2.13 metres) which is closed when the Reception office is closed, and a security gate under the height barrier which may be locked from 11pm to 8am. All arrivals and departures must be within the opening times or by special arrangement where this can be accommodated. We are of course happy to welcome you at the Park earlier, where all the facilities will be available until your pitch or accommodation is ready.
Touring & Camping
Your pitch should be ready from 12 noon on the day of your arrival. To prepare for our incoming guests, we request all pitches are vacated by 11AM on the day of departure. Whilst we can extend your departure time until 4pm, we cannot confirm this on your booking until your date of arrival.
IMPORTANT: You MUST tell us if for any reason you will be arriving after 6pm in the evening of your stated arrival date. we will not accept arrivals after 9pm on the day of your arrival in High Season or dusk at any other times. Caravans and motorhomes arriving in darkness will not be able to gain access to power supply pitches and may have to stay overnight in the Late Arrivals Area. Access to pitches is at the sole discretion of the Duty Wardens.
We do not accept arrivals before 9am the following day. If you do not arrive on the date stated on your Booking, and we have heard nothing from you by 10am the following morning, we reserve the right to re-let your pitch, and regret that there will be no refund to you.
Please note, the above eventualities are NOT covered by our Comprehensive Cancellation Plan.
Touring & Camping
Dogs are welcome on the Park as long as they are under control, kept on leads at all times and fouling cleared up and disposed of immediately. Dogs are at the Company’s discretion and you must inform us of the breed of dog at the time of booking. Access for any other pets should be discussed with Reception before your arrival. We do not accept dogs under the dangerous dog act. We reserve the right to terminate your holiday without compensation or refund if you do not abide by the rules with reference to dogs on the Park, or if your pet is causing a nuisance or causing damage to Company property. There is a maximum of 2 dogs per pitch / holiday home (unless prior agreement arranged.) Dogs must not be left unattended in your caravan / tent / motorhome at any time.
We will permit the use of barbeques so long as they cause no scorching to the grass and use only gas or charcoal as fuel. Please make sure all BBQs are raised from the floor, using bricks, which we can supply. Campfires and the burning of wood are strictly prohibited. We allow the use of firepits, using only eco logs or charcoal. We do not allow the use of Chinese / Thai lanterns.
We will return any lost / left property, however please note that there is a minimum flat rate charge of £10.00 for return to cover admin, postage and package etc.
Vehicles must not exceed our 5mph speed limit within the boundaries of the Park, and must only be driven by holders of a current driving licence having adequate Third Party insurance. The Company will not be responsible for any loss or damage to property or persons, howsoever caused, in these respects. You will be advised of parking arrangements on your arrival. Please Note: We do not accept commercial vehicles.
We reserve the right to decline a Booking, transfer a Booking or terminate a holiday without compensation or refund, if in the opinion of the Management the unreasonable behaviour (actual or anticipated with good reason) of residents or day visitors may lead to a situation that could prejudice the safety, enjoyment or comfort of others. Please ensure that radios, televisions, stereo equipment and noise is generally kept to a minimum so that no disturbance is caused to your neighbours at any time, but particularly after dark. Complete quiet should be maintained after 11PM.
- Guests wishing to entertain day visitors during the stay at our Park may do so subject to Management approval. Arrangements should however be made with Reception beforehand by the Guest, who must accept full responsibility for such day visitors.
- Payment of any fees due for day visitors remains the responsibility of the Guest.
- We restrict the number of visitors to no more than 2 per pitch / unit of accommodation daily – to arrive at the Park no earlier than 9am and leave no later than 8pm.
- Day Visitors are required to observe all Club Rules and especially all Statutory enactments and Regulations applicable to Licensing and Gaming to comply with the Management’s arrangements, and with these Booking Conditions overall which they are deemed to have knowledge of.
- Day Visitors may only visit Guests. We do not allow the use of the facilities to anyone who is not a Guest.
- Each Day Visitor must register at Reception and may stay only during the day.
Our holiday park caters primarily for family holidays and the Company will not accept any Bookings for single sex groups of 3 or more persons, unaccompanied children (i.e. under 18 years of age) or groups of young people aged between 16 and 19 years of age.
Whilst we provide a range of facilities, please note that we do not provide childcare. Children remain the responsibility of their parents or guardians at all times. Children must be accompanied / supervised in the Shop, Clubhouse and Shower / Toilet Block / Play Area, and are not permitted to play with standpipes or other Park utilities, buildings or equipment.
If you have any comments that you wish to make during your stay at Hardwick Parks, please speak to our Duty Receptionist or Warden. In most cases he or she will be able to help you on the spot, where this is not the case, please make sure that you record the details with the Duty Receptionist or Warden, and then write to our Administration Manager no later than 14 days after the end of your holiday. Please note that we cannot subsequently act on any problem that has not been brought to the attention of the Park Management at the time it arose.
The Company will endeavour to provide all facilities advertised on the website or elsewhere, but reserve the right to make changes at any time. Levels of some facilities will vary according to the time of year and / or numbers of people on the Park. All descriptions / photographs are intended for guidance only.
The attention of all guests is drawn to the rules governing the Park and in particular the following:
- The Company shall not be liable for any personal injury (fatal or otherwise), or loss and / or damage to persons or property of any nature howsoever caused, sustained by, or occasioned to any person (including persons under the age of 18 years) unless resulting from or caused by negligence of the Company. Furthermore, the question of any compensation in respect of alleged non-performance or improper performance of our contract with you (but subject to these Booking Conditions), will be considered by the Company on the basis of being reasonable in all circumstances and in any event limited to the actual price paid to the Company for your holiday.
- The person who makes the Booking warrants to the best of his / her knowledge and belief that none of the persons listed thereon nor any Day Visitor for whom he / she is responsible is suffering from an infectious or contagious disease or has recently been in contact with any person so suffering. Any person who contracts an infectious or contagious disease during the reservation period must report the same to the Duty Receptionist or Warden.
- On no account can additional transportable electric or gas heating appliances or primus stoves be allowed within guest accommodation Use of any other electrical appliances are entirely at your risk.
- Food, drinks (alcoholic or otherwise) purchased elsewhere must not be consumed in the Licensed Bars.
All information within these Booking Conditions are correct at time of publication.
By making a booking with us, you are agreeing to our Terms and Conditions as listed in our brochure and on our website.
We do not accept Reservations/Bookings from or allow anyone to stay on a holiday park who is listed on the Violent and Sex Offenders Register (or any register which supersedes this). By making a Reservation/Booking, you are confirming that no one in your party is on this Register.
These booking conditions supersede any previous version(s) online or hard copy.